an inaccessible web is not a free web! as such, the following steps have been taken to ensure accessibility to my site for those with disabilities:
- pages have been given a set language
- testing has been done to ensure that the site is navigatable with a keyboard alone
- site is able to be navigated at 200% zoom, and at varied screen sizes
- gifs on the graphics page can be toggled on and off
- a flash warning is given when needed
- all font sizes are set with em, not px
- all non-decorative images have alt text
- the 'tink' sound effect on the navigation menu also goes off on focus, rather than just on hover
- no text is aligned with 'justify'
that being said, my site is not yet perfect in this regard. so, if any issues are encountered, please let me know via my guestbook, or by shooting me an email! thanks!